School Uniform/ Dress Code
Uniform Policy SY 2021-2022
Young Achievers adopted a MANDATORY uniform policy in September 2009, which means all Young Achievers scholars in K-8th Grades must wear the required uniform. We believe that a school uniform helps promote academic achievement, builds community and most importantly, improves student safety.
- YA scholars are expected to wear the school uniform during the school day ie. Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:10pm
- New or transferring students must comply within 5 days with the Dress Code.
All students will follow the YA Dress Code,
Monday through Friday during school hours, 8:30 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.
Mandatory Attire for K-8th Grade
*Preferred: Shirts with a printed YA logo are available for purchase at Metro School Uniforms. Visit www.metroschooluniforms.com or go in-person to 745 Dudley St, Dorchester, Ma. 02125.
Students will dress in a manner that shows pride in themselves and their school. All students are required to dress and groom themselves suitably for school activities in clothes, which do not disrupt the educational atmosphere of the school. In general, attire that would not be acceptable includes (but is not limited to):
- Hats, bandannas, bonnets, or combs/picks in the hair.
- Scarves or head wraps except for religious or medical reasons.
- Overly tight clothing, transparent fabric or clothes that over expose the body. This includes but is not limited to: beach-like attire, bathing suits, bare midriffs or backs, halter tops, tube tops, low cut shirts, muscle shirts, pajamas and other attire that could be distracting.
- Bottoms and shorts should be school-appropriate length (i.e. not above the tips of fingers when standing). Students should wear belts to ensure underwear may not be visible.
- Proper footwear required: NO crocs, slides, flip flops, etc.
- Chains and necklaces can only be worn beneath a student’s shirt.
- If a student is inappropriately dressed they will be required to change into a large Young Achievers T-shirt. If that will not correct the problem, the family will be called to bring clothes to school for the child to change into.
Please contact the school’s main office at 617-635-6804