Middle School Program
Our middle school program for students in grades 5-8 inspires and motivates students to acquire the skills they need to succeed in high school and beyond.
8th Grade Portfolio
Students in the 8th grade embark on an exciting and challenging journey toward successful completion of the 8th grade year. In June, students will present a collection of their work to a panel of teachers, community members, families and peers. This panel will judge and review students’ portfolio in accordance with the Habits of Mind and essential skills they have learned throughout the year.
In order to participate in the moving on ceremony (graduation), students must:
- Pass all core content classes with a 70 cumulative average or better
- Pass Portfolio
- Complete credit recovery, if required.
Athletic Sport Offerings
For students in grades 6-8, we offer several sports for our students including track, basketball and football. Further, as one of the first schools to partner with Harlem Lacrosse - Boston, our girls and boys complete against other area schools.
Middle School Athletic Sport Eligibility (as per BPS guidelines)
- 2.0 GPA or Higher (schools may choose to have a higher GPA for athletic participation)
- School attendance rate of 93% or higher
- Physical examination completed within the last 13 months, that does not expire before the end of the season, with sports clearance from the school nurse
- Students that turn 15 before September 1 of the current academic year, are ineligible to compete.
- Yearly signed parental consent form (transferable season to season)