Before/After School Program
Friends of Young Achievers and the YMCA of Greater Boston will again partner in the 2019-2020 school year to offer a high quality before & after school program to benefit Young Achievers' students and families. The program will be offered on site at the Young Achievers School. This program requires parents/guardians to pay a fee; however vouchers will be accepted and scholarships/financial assistance will be available. The goal of our program is to support children’s success in school through academic enrichment, health and wellness, and social emotional learning.
Important Dates & Details
- Registration night on Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 6:00pm-7:30pm at the Young Achievers School.
- The before school & after school program will begin Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
Before School Program (begins September 10, 2019)
- Operates between 7am-8:30am on all school days
- Open to all students, K-8th grade
After School Program (begins September 10, 2019)
- Operates between 4pm-6pm on all school days*
- Open to all students, K-8th grade
How to Sign Up:
- Attend our “Registration Night” on September 3rd (see above details) to sign up – enrollment packets and financial assistance forms will be available.
- Please be advised that all of the program participants will need a completed enrollment packet, a current physical and immunization record and medical forms prior to the start of the program.
- After families complete and submit the registration forms, the YMCA will contact each family to discuss enrollment and fees. The YMCA must confirm your child's enrollment via phone, email, or in person before your child begins participating in the program.
What happens during vacation weeks, snow days, and early release days?
The YMCA offers programming on all vacation weeks (December, February and April) at a designated area from 8:00am-6:00PM. Snow days will run from 8AM to 6:00 PM at the local branch. When the school has an Early Release day, the YMCA offers care at the school site from early dismissal time until 6PM.
Who are the directors? What are the staff qualifications?
Each program will be led by a full time Director with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. The Y maintains a 1 to 13 ratio of staff to children. All educators go through extensive background checks and participate in ongoing trainings throughout the year including Behavior management, curriculum development, working with Diverse Learners, Teaching STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Trainings on medication administration, CPR, First Aid and AED.
What is the rate of the program?
Please speak to our billing coordinator and/or program director for program rates. The YMCA accepts vouchers and state subsidies are available for families who are income eligible. Also, many families receive scholarships.
Are part-time options available?
We encourage all families to sign up for full-time enrollment (5 days) for consistency and learning benefits for your child and the school. Based on family feedback, we will offer a limited number of part-time options in 2019-2020.
What is a typical day like?
Please download, print, and complete the two forms below. These documents can also be picked up in the Young Achievers School main office. Here are several ways to return the completed forms:
- Completed forms can be dropped off in the main office.
- Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- Completed forms can be brought to the September 3, 2019 registration night (6pm-7:30pm, Young Achievers)
- During the school year, completed forms can be dropped off to the before/after school office in the garden level.
For questions, please contact Bexi Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org