Before/After School Program
Friends of Young Achievers and the YMCA of Greater Boston will partner in the 2018-2019 school year to offer a high quality before and after school program to benefit Young Achievers' students and families. The program will be offered on site at the Young Achievers School. This program requires parents/guardians to pay a fee; however vouchers will be accepted and scholarships/financial assistance will be available. The goal of our program is to support children’s success in school through academic enrichment, health and wellness, and social emotional learning.
All unpaid balances from the prior academic year must be paid in full to register for this school year.
The before school & after school program will begin Monday, September 10, 2018.
Before School Program
- Operates between 7am-8:30am on all school days
- Open to all students, K-8th grade
After School Program
- Operates between 4pm-6pm on all school days*
- For K-5th grade, activities include homework time, recreation, and STEM enrichment.
- For 5th grade-8th grade, 26 seats are open for a specialized homework support/tutoring group. Group educators and Citizen Schools Fellows will offer specialized homework support. Monday and Fridays will be enrichment, Tuesdays-Thursdays will be devoted to homework support and tutoring. The homework support/tutoring group begins on October 1, 2018.
How to Sign Up:
- The YMCA of Greater Boston will host a registration night on September 5 from 6pm-7:30pm at Young Achievers to answer questions and help families complete paperwork. The YMCA business team will also be available to answer any questions about financial assistance, slots and vouchers. Please bring a copy of your child’s most up to date physical and immunization record.
- After families complete and submit the registration forms, the YMCA will contact each family to discuss enrollment and fees. The YMCA must confirm your child's enrollment via phone, email, or in person before your child begins participating in the program.
Please download, print, and complete the two registration forms below. Return the completed forms to Young Achievers. Forms can be dropped off in the main office and be left with "Friends of Young Achievers."
Forms can also be completed on September 5th at the registration night. See details above.
Please contact Janille Olivo at email@example.com or (617) 631-4728. Ms. Olivo is the full-time site director for the before and after school program and is based at Young Achievers.