We aim to develop & support a community of lifelong learners, through technology-enabled curriculum, who can think critically, behave safely, and participate responsibly in our digital world.
We want our community to be creators, inventors, innovators, risk-takers, and problem-solvers at a level not previously attainable without the use of technology.
Our 3-Year Tech Goals
Goal 1: Vision, Planning and Engagement: Define, promote and re-evaluate a school-wide vision for the use and for school effectiveness and student learning through the infusion of information and communication technology (ICT) and digital learning resources.
Goal 2: Student-centered learning: Implement student-centered teaching that emphasizes creative and effective use of technology to meet students’ learning goals in a safe learning environment.
Goal 3: Ongoing professional learning: Develop and implement technology-related professional learning plans and opportunities with dedicated time to practice and share ideas.
Goal 4: Support Policies: Implement policies, accountability measures and incentive structures to support the use of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) and other digital resources for learning and district school operations.
Read more about our 3 year tech goals here.
Each classroom is equipped with (at least):
- Document camera (Avervision or Elmo)
- Listening center (lower grades)
New for SY 18-19!
- 50” LCD portable monitors (18)
- Collaborative digital tables (17) with 42” monitors
- Equipped with Airtame wireless screen sharing capabilities
- Grades K-2: 5 iPads per classroom
- Grade 5-8: 1:1 Chromebook per student for SY 18-19 - new!
- Grades 3-4: 1 set of Chromebooks per classroom
Desktops: Dell Optiplex desktops or LG Chrome-All-In-One
- Computer lab: Students learn coding and digital literacy in ‘specials’ blocks; introducing a new computer science curriculum this fall
- Before/after school
- K - 4th grade classrooms as requested
Acceptable Use/ Digital Citizenship
Staff Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Questions? Email at YA Tech <firstname.lastname@example.org>